In France, the Yogurt cake or more commonly called Gateau au Yaourt is the mother’s favorite cake to bake with their young ones. Why is this? because it is so simple as the yogurt container is the reference used to measure all the other ingredients which makes it ultra easy and fun for the kids.
Here in Singapore, coconut milk is easier to find than plain yogurt and one of my kids being intolerant to cow’s milk, we always try to work with alternatives.
For those of you who have eaten Financier cakes before, you will find the consistency of this one a bit similar, although lighter.
Time: 40 minutes
1 pack of 250ml coconut milk
3 coconut milk pack of flour
2 coconut milk pack of raw sugar
3 tsp baking powder
Any toppings for the fun! Here were used a few almonds, a few chocolate chips , a bit of grated coconut.
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Put all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Start with the coconut milk as you will be using the box to measure all the other ingredients.
- Using a hand mixer, mix well until smooth.
- Pour in the cake molds.
- Add the toppings of your choice.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving or storing.
Great snack or dessert ( with a scoop of ice cream or sorbet).