Chocolate Muffins, Yummy. For breakfast, as a tea time snack or to bring to the pool. Along with a juice (for the kids) and a coffee (for the parents) – making things very stereotypical here :) – muffins are good anytime. Here is a basic, a healthier version with blueberry and chia seeds is coming up soon…
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven 205°C
- Grease muffin cups or line with baking cups
- In a medium bowl, mix well ingredients of mixture 1
- In a large bowl, blend ingredients of mixture 2
- Add mixture 1 all at once to mixture 2; stir
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with topping mixture
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
They are easy and quick to bake, can be stored easily so your helper can make them in advance and you have them over the weekend.
Can be stored for a week in the fridge but chances are they will be all gone before!
Cost: less than 1/2 Hershey mini semi sweet chocolate chip 3SGD ( Fairprice), other ingredients about 5SGD